• Let a narrative poem, true story, novel, or short story unfold according to its time sequence.
• Avoid flashbacks or use sparingly.
• Avoid distractions or unnecessary interruptions.
• Let time flow.
• In nonfiction, arrange each point chronologically, sequentially, or logically in the natural order of development.
• Make your points then move along from one point of interest to another.
© 2014, Mary Harwell Sayler – poet-author of 26 traditionally published books in all genres, and a lifelong lover of Jesus Christ, the Bible, and the church – wrote the Christian Writers’ Guide e-book with you in mind.